I am a post-doctoral researcher working at the Universities of Jyväskylä and Tampere in Finland. I am also a research fellow at the Hannah Arendt Center for Political Studies at the University of Verona, Italy. My work focuses on political theory and international relations, albeit with frequent visits to the field of domestic politics.
- Hannah Arendt‘s political thought, and 20th century/contemporary political theory
- The role of facts, truth and experience in democratic politics
- Resilience and security politics
- Contemporary world political events, trends, and contestations
I am currently working on a research project on post-truth politics, fact-checking and truth-telling, drawing both from contemporary phenomena and debates, and from my political theory background. My current research is funded by the KONE Foundation.
— most recent publications —
- “Labor as Action: the Human Condition in the Anthropocene” (Research in Phenomenology)
- “Koronakriisi, informaatio ja resilienssipolitiikka“ (Kosmopolis – OA)
- “Careless Speech: Conceptualizing Post-Truth Politics” (New Perspectives – OA)
- “Janus Face of Political Experience” (Arendt Studies)
– events etc. –
- “Universal Science, Universal Responsibility, and the Earth: Lessons from The Mid-Twentieth Century to the Age of the Anthropocene” – Paradoxes of Universalism, University of Helsinki (Zoom event) November 4, 2020
- US Election Day marathon reading of Part 3 of Arendt’s The Origins of Totalitarianism (see Twitter for Youtube link) November 3, 2020 starting 11 AM (GMT)