I am a post-doctoral researcher working at the Universities of Jyväskylä and Tampere in Finland. I am also a research fellow at the Hannah Arendt Center for Political Studies at the University of Verona, Italy. My work focuses on political theory and international relations, albeit with frequent visits to the field of domestic politics.
- Hannah Arendt‘s political thought, and 20th century/contemporary political theory
- The role of facts, truth and experience in democratic politics
- Resilience and security politics
- Contemporary world political events, trends, and contestations
I am currently working on a research project on post-truth politics, fact-checking and truth-telling, drawing both from contemporary phenomena and debates, and from my political theory background. My current research is funded by the KONE Foundation.
— most recent publications —
- “Genealogy of Experiential Frames: Methodological Notes on Arendt” (Genealogy) – Open Access
- “Labor as Action: the Human Condition in the Anthropocene” (Research in Phenomenology)
- “Koronakriisi, informaatio ja resilienssipolitiikka“ (Kosmopolis – Open Access)
- “Careless Speech: Conceptualizing Post-Truth Politics” (New Perspectives – Open Access)